Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin alongside Windows | Linux
|May 7, 2012||Posted by loewyi under Info, Linux|
Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin alongside Windows - April 26, 2012 – Ubuntu 12.04 LTS has release the final version. The new Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is known as the Precise Pangolins. In this latest version, Ubuntu has added many new features. The release of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS includes some clever enhancements to the make your Ubuntu experience even more enjoyable. There are features such as The Head-Up Display (HUD) when you press the ALT key, The Video Lens to make it easier to search video, both videos are contained within our computer or on youtube or the other, and many other.
In this article will explain how to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin alongside Windows. how to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is similar to the way Ubuntu 11.04 installation that has been described in a previous article titled “Ubuntu 11.04 Alongside Windows | Installation“, so that in the process of installing Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, you will not have any trouble at all. Here are the steps to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise pangolin along with Windows:
Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin alongside Windows
- Make sure you have some empty space on your HD, in this case I left about 20GB of the entire capacity of my HD.
- Prepare a Live CD/DVD of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. If you dont have it, you can download the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS iso file from here http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download.
- Let your PC boot your Live CD/DVD of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and wait until the appearance of the Ubuntu 11.04 live CD is showing.
- In this first step, you can directly install it by clicking the “Install Ubuntu” or you can try before you install it by clicking the “Try Ubuntu”. In this case, I ‘ll try it first.
- When entered into the dashboard, you can try the new features from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or you can directly install it by clicking the icon “Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS”.
- The “Welcome” installation screen will show up, choose your language and click “Continue”.
- In the next screen “Prepairing to install Ubuntu”, you can pass it by clicking “Continue” button.
- In “Wireless” screen you can click “Continue” to pass it.
- Choose “Something else” if you want to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS alongside Windows.
- Create your root partition and swap partition.
- After that, click “Install Now” button to install it.
- In “Where are you?” screen you can choose your country regional. In this case I choose Jakarta.
- Choose your keyboard layout on the next screen, or you can pass it by clicking “Continue”.
- Set your name, your computer name, your username and your nick name, and then click “Continue”.
- Choose you account picture, you can take a picture from your camera if you have itu or you can choose a default picture, and then click “Continue”.
- In the next screen you can import any account from your windows, choose your windows account if you want to import it, but you can pass it by clicking “Continue”.
- Well, now, you have to wait for a while untill the installation is finish.
- After it finish, you can continue to try the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, or you can directly restart it. Don’t forget to change your boot back to normal.
- Now, you are ready to use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin.
Ok that’s for the tutorial of “How to Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin alongside Windows“. Thanks for stopping by and read some posts on this website, hopefully this info is useful for every one who need it. See you in another tutorial and don’t forget to leave a comment for me.