Setup Printer Canon IP2770 | Ubuntu 11.10
|December 19, 2011||Posted by loewyi under Info, Linux|
Printer is a peripheral which produces a text or graphics of documents stored in electronic form, usually on physical print media such as paper or transparencies. [Wiki] Not all printers are detected in ubuntu 11.10, as well as canon ip2770 which can not be detected automatically. It required manual way to install it. In this tutorial will explain how to setup printer canon ip2770 in Ubuntu 11.10.
Here are step-by-step to setup printer canon ip2770 in Ubuntu 11.10:
- You have to download the canon ip2770 driver from http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/
- Open your terminal, go to the folder where the driver canon ip2770 had been downloaded and then extract the “tar.gz” file.
tar xvf cnijfilter-ip2700series-3.30-1-i386-deb.tar.gz
- Go to “cnijfilter-ip2700series-3.30-1-i386-deb” directory:
- Then go to “packages” directory
- After that install all the packages inside it by doing this command:
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
- After the installation proses is done, go to “System > Preferences > Printers” then it will show like this
- Choose ip2700-series, turn on your printer, and then “Print Test Page” to make sure that printer is can be use.
Ok that’s for how to Setup Printer Canon ip2770 in Ubuntu 11.10. Thanks for stopping by and read some posts on this website, hopefully this info is useful for every one who need it. See you in another tutorial and don’t forget to leave a comment for me.